By visiting this website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), the data controller is Purple CV, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08572690, with its registered office at The Studio, 377-399 London Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3HL.
We are a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA028383.
1. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the website, interacting with the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to or use our services, including the livechat service on our website; when you provide us with feedback and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, email address, content of any livechat, other details required for the formation or performance of any contract with you, and information about your activities.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information that we receive from third parties, such as business partners, subcontractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and so on. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We use various third parties to provide us with information to help us learn about how visitors use our website. To find out more about how these third parties may use your information, please click on their name below to see their privacy policies:
The information we collect or receive from you will be stored for as long as is reasonably necessary to enable us to provide you with the services you have requested from us, to comply with any legal obligations that require us to keep information, or for as long as we reasonably require for our legitimate interests, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or defending ourselves against claims.
2. Use of your information
All information that we collect or receive from you, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To process payments and provide you with related customer service;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer that are similar or relevant to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information
- To notify you about changes to our website, services or goods and products;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Where it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, including for the purposes of preventing fraud, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; or
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Where We Store Your Personal Data” section below for more details).
Where your consent has been provided in advance, we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided, it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. Disclosure of your information
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are legally required by law to disclose your personal data;
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud; or
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our customers or others.
Should you receive any information or data which does not pertain to you, we ask that you delete the information and contact us immediately.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Your rights
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org..
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact us at the email given above or lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website (https://ico.org.uk) or by writing to:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
On occasion we include links to third parties on this website. Where we provide a link it does not mean that we endorse or approve that site’s policy towards visitor privacy. You should review these privacy policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.
SELECTED PARTNER OF:
Mike, Shrewsbury You have great customer service, Thank you for the killer CV and the friendly 24/7 support line. #TopOfTheLeague.