If you’re not sure how to write a personal assistant CV, we’ll run through what you need to know in... Read more...
With hiring managers spending only seven seconds looking at a CV on average, you have to impress them quickly if you want to land an interview for your dream job.
But how do you grab their attention in such a short period of time? A CV headline could be the answer.
In this blog, we’ll explain what a CV headline is and how to write one. We’ll also share 25 CV headline examples from a range of industries, which you can use as inspiration.
A CV headline usually involves a single, snappy line of text positioned at the very top of your CV, directly underneath your name.
In the headline, you’ll need to quickly summarise what makes you an ideal candidate for the job, so it entices hiring managers to invite you for an interview.
And the best thing about CV headlines? They aren’t too difficult or time-consuming to write once you know the steps, which we’ll look at below.
Adding a headline to your CV enables the employer to instantly determine whether you fit the job criteria.
If your CV lacks a header, the hiring manager goes into your application not knowing what to expect.
A concise, well-written headline will make it obvious to the recruiter why they should continue reading.
Depending on the prospective company’s size at which you’re applying, hiring managers may use Applicant Tracking System (ATS) software to shortlist candidates’ CVs and categorise them more speedily.
An ATS skims your CV so we recommend incorporating relevant keywords from the job description and info to enhance your CV’s compatibility score.
Check out our blog for more advice on how to optimise your CV for ATS software.
While a personal statement (or CV summary) is comprehensive and made up of several sentences or a sequence of bullet points, a CV headline resolves to offer a very brief synopsis of you as an applicant.
The personal statement and headline sit at the beginning of your CV, but a header is a lot more attention-grabbing, as it’s an individual sentence that may be capitalised.
You can choose whether to incorporate a personal statement or headline. Several candidates may include both, using the headline to catch the reader’s attention and a summary to reveal additional insights.
If you want to make your CV stand out from the crowd, we suggest including a headline and personal statement.
1. Sales Agent Surpassing Targets By 15%
2. B2B Sales Manager With 10+ Years’ Experience
3. Key Account Executive Curating 100% Client Satisfaction
4. Sales Associate Attaining 50% Revenue Increase
5. Friendly Sales Agent Generating £20,000 In Monthly Revenue
6. Customer Service Manager With Established Success Rate
7. Sales-Focused Customer Service Agent
8. Customer Service Supervisor With Prolific Management Expertise
9. Persevering IT Customer Services Representative
10. Customer Services Manager With 95% Client Satisfaction
11. Meticulous Concierge With Wide-Ranging Experience In Award-Winning Resorts
12. Customer-Focused Receptionist With 15 Years’ Experience
13. Accomplished Flight Attendant Speaking 5 Languages
14. High-Performance Hotel Front Desk Manager
15. Passionate & Competent Host In Prize-Winning Restaurants
16. Design-Focused Marketing Consultant & Adept UX Curator
17. Inventive Marketer With Extensive Media Contacts
18. Driven & Data-Oriented PPC Supervisor
19. Digital Product Executive In 50+ SaaS Projects
20. KPI-Focused Digital Marketing Specialist
21. Office Associate With Extensive Bookkeeping Expertise
22. Administrator With 15+ Years’ Experience In FTSE 100 Company
23. Office Supervisor Managing A Workforce Of 500+
24. Enthusiastic Personal Assistant Fluent In 3 Languages
25. Keen & Incredibly Orderly Data Entry Assistant
Below are five benefits of how a successful CV header can boost your job application:
A CV headline should be one sentence summarising what makes you the ideal candidate for a particular position.
With our top tips, writing and incorporating a headline for your CV should be an easy and effective way to enhance your application.
If you need help writing your CV, look no further than PurpleCV. We offer a range of CV writing services for all industries and career stages – and all our CVs are tailored to your unique skills and experience.